Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sleeping in the Crib!

Life has been so busy lately. Ella and I have been going to Barnett a lot to help out with testing. The days are long when you are multi-tasking work & baby in an unfamiliar place. But as I tell Ella, "Daddy makes the doughnuts and Ella and Mommy make the sprinkles!" I am also doing some data entry for the after school program that Mark works with. I was late getting some of the information and everything is needed NOW (of course). It's keeping me very busy. I'm feeling a bit over whelmed but we really need the money. We knew it would be tough at first. It is all part of being a parent!! Here are a few pictures of our Barnett Adventures!
Ella didn't want to leave her favorite toy whale!! He's her best friend. We took him with us! :)

Ella hanging out in her bumbo chair at Barnett. She loves sitting in her chair because she can see everything mommy is doing!

Ella must be teething. Her fingers are ALWAYS in her mouth. Her mouth is too little for the teething rings - her fingers are a perfect size! The other night she put her fingers so far in her mouth she started choking! She couldn't figure out why she was choking so she put them further in her mouth... crazy baby. We helped her figure it out. Ella went about a week without rolling over. I thought she must have forgotten how to do it. Now she won't stay on her back. But she strongly dislikes her being on her belly. Here are a few pictures...
Too cute. She fell asleep like this. Hanging out on her belly is hard work and those "teffers" are coming in strong!
Can't get enough fingers! :)

I just looked at the calendar and Ella will be 4 months in 2 weeks... Last night I packed up all of her NB-3month clothes. It was very depressing... Ella is a lot more fun now then she was when she was first born but I just love her being a wee baby. :( Here are a few pictures of us playing around one night before bed.


Getting some kisses from Nola
I could squeeze her all day!!! I just can get enough!!

Last Monday Mark & I decided it was time to try Ella in her crib. She is starting to get too big for her bassinet and now that she can roll over I was afraid she would try to roll over in her bassinet and get her face too close to the sides. Her first night was a success! She went right to sleep and only woke up at 6am to eat. After she ate I put her right back in the crib and she slept until 8:30. On Tuesday she did the same. On Wednesday night she woke up at 3 and at 6 to eat. I can't remember the last time she woke up like that to eat. I started to think that maybe it was time to start her on cereal (she is due at the Dr. in a few weeks... that's when we'll discuss food). She did the same thing on Thursday night. I started to think this would be our routine until we went to the Dr. Friday night she slept from 10pm until 8:30am. Didn't wake up to eat at all!! She did the same last night. Maybe the double feeding at night was just an adjustment to the crib. I am so proud at how well she is doing. There were a few nights she had a hard time falling asleep but I think it was because she was too tired to fall asleep. I'm not really sure how that works... but that is what happens every time we go to work at Barnett and she doesn't nap very well.

It's pretty interesting going to get Ella in the crib. She is never in the same place I left her. A few nights ago we would hear her screaming. When we went in to check on her - her little legs were caught in between the crib plats. I got a "breathable bumper" from one of my showers and I put in on the crib. It's a bumper pad that is made of mesh so if the baby gets too close to it she can still breathe (Tested by Mommy:) ). This seemed to solve the problem. She moves so much at night that she ends up on the total opposite side... silly silly baby!

Yesterday we went to a friend's baby shower. She is having a baby girl and Ella and I are so excited for Ella to meet her new friend. Mark took a picture of Ella in her dress before we left... I can't believe how big she is getting. God, I love this baby!

Today we are going to a pumpkin patch with our friends. I can't wait! Fall is my favorite season! To put a smile on your face I'll leave you with this video of Ella from last weekend. Her Great-Aunt Suzie got her first giggles going!! How can you not smile at baby giggles?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment