Monday, October 5, 2009

Ella's Baptism Weeked!

This weekend was Ella's baptism weekend. My mom & dad, brothers John & Mike, my grandma and Aunt Suzie and Mark's Parents and sister Anne came in from Michigan and my cousins Elizabeth and Cath came from New Orleans. It was so wonderful to have so much family in town to support us.

The weekend started on Thursday when Anne came to town. Thursday night we had a baptism class. We were very excited and when we got there we found out that I had the wrong date for the baptism. I had called the week after Ella was born to find out when we could get her baptized. They told me the class was the first Thursday of the month and the baptism was the first Sunday of the month. When we got to the class we were informed that the baptism was the second of Saturday of the month. I started to panic!! Thankfully they agreed to let her be baptized on Sunday. On Friday when I went to turn in all of Mike and Anne's information I found out I was missing an important document. I started to panic again. Thankfully it all got turned in.

That wasn't the end of the drama... On Saturday night our toilet started leaking. Mark and his dad went to get parts to fix it. I guess the person who painted the house painted over something and they only made it worse by trying to get it off. On Sunday at Ella's party Mark's dad had to go into the bathroom after every person that used it to fill the tank with water. My toilet is still broken... :-/

I am so thankful for everyone who came to celebrate Ella's baptism. My mom & cousin Elizabeth helped me cook everything. Mark and his Mom cooked the brisket. My cousin Cath and I made the centerpieces. Cath also made yummy shortbread cookies. My Aunt Suzie made banana pudding and my Grandma ironed Ella's gown. It was a group effort and I am so happy they were all here. Here are a bunch of picture from Ella's big day.

Our little Angel <3

Ella and her daddy
Me and my girl

The Darket's of Texas!


My Family
The Darket's


The Godfather... Mikey


Annie, Ella's Godmother

All of us!

Since everyone was here for the baptism we took the opportunity to do some site-seeing. We went to Dallas and saw the Grassy Knoll and toured the 6th Floor Museum. It was a lot of fun. My family always loves a good adventure. I had never been to the 6th floor museum. It was very interesting. On the Grassy Knoll there are all these guys who claim they were there the day JFK was shot and all the consperisy theories.


Elizabeth, Cath & Me on the train to Dallas

Mikey and the shot JFK was shot

Me and my cousins on the Grassy Knoll
My fam chilling on the Grassy Knoll


Ella with my mom and cousin Cath at breakfast
Ella with Aunt Paula

Ella with her favorite Uncle John

The whole gang!

On Friday night we stayed up late to go to A&M's Midnight Yell. It was also very interesting. The Midnight Yell is like a pep rally. They have all these cheers and the have "yell leaders" instead of cheerleaders. I guess the yell leaders goes back to when the school was an all-man school. It was very cult like but a lot of fun! I'm glad Aunt Paula invited us.

My grandma and Dad with proud Aggie parents, Uncle Jack & Aunt Paula
John and Mike

Hard to see... Kristen and Ryan Sawin' 'em off!

Since so many people were here I got a lot of cute pictures of little Miss Ella... here are a few.
Ella loves technology!

Such a sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment